Open Enrollment Period for Students (K-12):
- Applications may be picked up February 1, 2023 thru March 31, 2023 at the Board of Education Office between the hours of 8am - 3pm. Please do not contact the high school or elementary buildings. Please return the completed application prior to March 31, 2023.
- You will be notified by mail of acceptance or denial between April 17, 2023 and April 28, 2023. No information will be given over the phone.
- Students and parents are invited to attend a mandatory meeting and building tour prior to the start of the school year.
- If an application is being made for a kindergarten child, please be advised that the child must be five (5) by August 1st in order to be eligible to enroll for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Transportation must be provided by parents / guardians of all open enrollment students. Attendance and behavior problems can result in termination of open enrollment at any time during the school year.
- Any willful false statement made in this application will void the open enrollment application.
- All applications are to be returned to: Items you will need to enroll:
McDonald Local Schools Child's Birth Certificate
Attention: Open Enrollment Coordinator Child's Shot Record
600 Iowa Avenue Child's Social Security Card
McDonald, Ohio 44437 Proof of Residence
Custody Papers (if applicable)
Open Enrollment Forms:
- Open Enrollment Home School District.doc.pdf
- Open Enrollment Application.docx.pdf
- Registration Form.pdf
- Home Language Survey.pdf
- Ethnicity Questionnaire.pdf
- Records Release Form.pdf
- District of Residence Notification Form.pdf
- Hardware & Connectivity Survey.pdf
Kindergarten Screening Information
Grade K Screening will be conducted on April 4-5, 2023.
Here's what to expect:
For the screening, your child will be dropped off at Roosevelt and will spend 2 hours with the kindergarten teachers. Children will listen to a story, do an art project and do a variety of activities in addition to naming letters, numbers, colors, etc. The information collected during this time will allow us to better meet your child's needs for the 2023-2024 school year.
We look forward to seeing you!